Create space for God to inspire joy in your life by engaging in one or more of the following activities:
- Read John 15:11. Pray that joy would overflow in your heart and in the hearts of your family, friends, community and all peoples of the world.
- Go for a leisurely walk. Pay attention to signs of joy expressed in creation.
- Listen to Christmas music or other worship music that points to our joy in Jesus.
- Scripture says that “a joyful heart is good medicine” (Proverbs 17:22 ESV). While joy cannot be conjured up through human effort, sometimes laughter can serve as a doorway through which God’s joy can enter. What makes you laugh? Engage in one or more of those activities today.
- Read 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 and Philippians 4:4-7. Both of these scriptures connect joy with prayer and gratitude to God. Think of someone in your life for whom you’re grateful. Take a moment to pray and thank God for them. Write them a note today expressing your gratitude for them.
Join our global partners as they carry the joy of Jesus to their communities this Christmas.
Comments are closed.