Create space for God to inspire peace in your life by engaging in one or more of the following activities:
- Read and meditate on Isaiah 26:3 and John 14:27.
- Look at news headlines today and make a list of the articles that point to places, events and people that seem to lack peace. Pray for these things, asking the Holy Spirit to bring peace to these areas. Consider writing the names of people, places and events needing peace on sticky notes. Place them in prominent locations around your house to prompt you to pray throughout the week.
- Examine your own life and notice places where you feel restless, anxious or afraid. Offer those concerns to God.
- Consider people in your circle of family and friends with whom you experience discord. Pray for opportunities to make overtures of peace with them.
- Consider ways you can be a person of peace to immigrants, refugees and other diaspora people groups in your community.