One of our partner organizations, Light of Hope Ministry Ethiopia (LOHME), is reaching out to over 10 million Arsi Oromo people. The ministry approach is holistic, focusing on literacy, health, church planting, Bible translation and evangelism among this Muslim people group. Teams of teacher-evangelists are trained and sent to villages that want a school in their community. Teachers build peaceful relationships between Muslims and emerging followers of Jesus and seek to plant churches that reflect the forms and traditions of the local culture.
LOHME also trains nurses and other health professionals to work in village health stations while sharing the Gospel with the communities they serve. Funds help build and furnish village schools and Light of Hope Academy, a Christian training college for nurses and teacher-evangelists, while also providing scholarships for college students and support for Bible translation work in the Arsi Oromo language. See below for a complete list of giving opportunities:
- Arsi Bible Translation: Funds for this project subsidize the salaries of the translation team and provide for the purchase and distribution of print and digital audio New Testaments. Donate now.
- ESL Training: Funds for this project cover the course curriculum materials to teach English to LOHME teachers, evangelists and high school students. Donate now.
- Ethno Music: Funds for this project support recording, duplication and distribution expenses for contextualized Gospel music in the Arsi Oromo language. Donate now.
- Light of Hope Academy: Funds support the construction of this training school, which will equip teachers and nurses to reach the Arsi Oromo people with a holistic Gospel. Donate now.
- Primary School Building Fund: Many Arsi Oromo children lack education because there are no schools within walking distance of their villages. This project constructs schools requested by communities, creating educational opportunities as well as open doors for LOHME teacher-evangelists to share the Good News of Jesus in the villages where they are placed. Donate now.
- School Desks: Funds for this project furnish 200 desks for every four-classroom LOHME school. Donate now.
- Teacher Salary: Funds for this project subsidize the salary for LOHME-trained teachers to staff new schools. Donate now.
- Teacher Training: Funds for this project cover LOHME’s expenses to train high school graduates to be teachers in LOHME schools. Donate now.